We are looking for a Senior Advisor – Equity and Systems Improvement for Emergent Bilingual Students for our Center for Strengthening Education Systems.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Lead and conduct all aspects of technical assistance projects, including project planning and coordination.
- Build strong relationships with external clients in the Northwest region by building evidence-based technical assistance solutions to build capacity and resolve problems of practice.
- Provide assistance on building and evaluating evidence-based English learner programs (including bilingual or dual language immersion programs).
- Advise and collaborate with state departments of education and local education agencies to identify needs and coordinate technical assistance services that meet the ethical and legal obligations for educating English learner students.
- Collaborate with other Education Northwest staff to design and develop new products and services based on research and evidence such as professional learning on contemporary English learner pedagogy.
- Coordinate projects and efforts with the Education Northwest Language and Literacy Team.
- Initiate and negotiate new and ongoing contracts.
- Write about lessons learned through field experiences to support the implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Communicate evidence-based practices to clients through presentations, targeted technical assistance, face to face and web-based communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will possess
- Experience and enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
- Master’s degree in education or related field
- Advanced coursework or endorsement in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and/or bilingual education
- At least five years of K-12 teaching experience, with experience coaching teachers preferred
- Strong ability to communicate technical topics such as pedagogy, methodology, and teaching practice to non-technical audiences
- Experience as a building or district administrator preferred
- Bilingual/Biliterate preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage working relationships with a variety of stakeholders in education agencies for conceptualizing and executing evaluation and technical assistance projects
- Demonstrated experience using data and evidence to drive decisions and actions
- Excellent small and large group facilitation and communication skills
- Willingness and capability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge and experience in designing, developing, and coordinating language and literacy programs for English learner students at the state, district, or school level
Travel and Other Key Requirements
- Office environment, based in Portland, Oregon
- Availability to travel with a high level of flexibility (averaging 20-30 percent of work days), including occasional weekends
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled.
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.