We are looking for a Senior Advisor - Curriculum and Instruction with a strong focus on leveraging professional networks to expand our organization's reach. This position is responsible for providing leadership for the continued development and improvement of the organization’s products and services in a content area that K-12 school system clients seek. Current content areas for which our clients are seeking assistance include mathematics and literacy. The senior advisor understands evidence-based practices in curriculum and instruction and designs and delivers technical assistance (i.e., coaching, consulting, and professional development) and professional development services to state and local educational agencies and contributes to other technical assistance contracts focused on strengthening education systems. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate they have expertise in curriculum and instruction, know how to effectively support school systems in changing their practices, and be adept at developing new business opportunities for themselves and teammates. Candidates may have an emphasis in either math or literacy.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Build strong relationships with external clients (state agencies, school districts, and schools) in the Northwest region by providing problem-solving, capacity-building technical assistance, and evidence-based practices.
- Initiate and negotiate new and ongoing contracts.
- Design and deliver content-focused professional development and technical assistance in one or more areas of expertise (e.g., mathematics or literacy).
- Provide leadership on technical assistance projects, including project planning and coordination.
- Collaborate with other Education Northwest staff to design and develop new products and services for state agencies, school districts, and schools based on research and evidence.
- Write about lessons learned through field experiences supporting the implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Disseminate research-based information through presentations, technical assistance, telephone, and face-to-face consultations and electronic communications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will possess
Travel and other key requirements
- Master's degree in education or related field
- Five to seven years of demonstrated ability teaching and leading within K-12 school systems at the state or local levels.
- Possess a broadly developed professional network with K-12 educational leaders in one or more of the following states: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington.
- Proven track record with business development.
- Demonstrated experience using data and evidence to drive decisions and actions.
- Excellent small and large group facilitation and communication skills.
- Willingness and capability to work as part of a team.
- Strong ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge and experience developing and implementing literacy or mathematics programs and services preferred
- Experience as a consultant to K-12 schools, districts, or state education agencies preferred (e.g., successful experience as an independent consultant or member of a consulting team)
- Experience working in a professional services (billable hour), education research, and/or non-profit environment preferred
- Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
- Availability to travel with a high level of flexibility (averaging 20-30 percent of work days), including occasional weekends
Please include the Position Number above and salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.