The Financial Analyst, FP&A is responsible for maintaining financial modeling that supports Guidewell Connect Lines Of Business (LOB) and Client P&Ls. The position will develop and maintain financial forecasting, budget development, and tracking for Guidewell Connect. The role relies heavily on self-driven and manager directed ad hoc reporting and analysis. Outcomes include but not limited to monthly P&Ls by LOB and by Clients, trends and pricing analysis. This role requires commercial acumen, sophisticated analytical thinking, and financial database and Excel savviness.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as a coordination point with Stakeholders in the accumulation of forecast driver information and integration into model. This includes Workforce Management and Work Front hours, Revenue by Client and by LOB, COGs, Health Plan Submissions and others.
- Maintain and develop forecast models and update relative to changes in business structure, additional entities/clients added, changes in or additions to classifications of forecast components. This includes development of the detailed monthly line item used by the organization in variance analysis for all income components.
- Participate in completing/reviewing outputs related to regularly scheduled updates to the strategic financial forecast in support of Deep Dives, forecast, budget and other financial reviews with the Enterprise.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis in Excel utilizing commercial/for profit mindset and financial systems knowledge.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of financial analysis or accounting experience including development of forecasts or plans
- Experience in working with cross-functional mid-level management
- Advance Excel knowledge; ability to develop complex financial models from scratch
- Bachelor or Master degree in related discipline
- Health industry experience
- Strong experience in developing communications for senior level audience
- Experience with Oracle Fusion