Do you have a passion for helping senior executives engage with employees? Do you relish the opportunity to craft messages that inform and inspire? Do you love collaborating with communications colleagues? Then we want to hear from you.
Florida Blue, the leading health insurer in Florida, and its parent organization, a $16 billion health solutions company, are dedicated to helping people and communities achieve better health. We're seeking an Executive Communications Consultant to join our Enterprise Communications team to support C-suite leaders in articulating their strategic vision and priorities.
* Develop and implement communications plans and tactics, using multiple channels, that position executive leadership to communicate and engage with employees at all levels of the organization. In conjunction with the Chief Communications Officer and Senior Director, Internal Communications, work as a business partner with and strategic communications advisor to C-suite executives (primarily CEO and President), providing thoughtful counsel on positioning, content and tone of written and verbal communications. Proactively identify opportunities to increase connectedness and drive engagement via executive messaging. Monitor/research industry trends and recommend best practice communications strategies and tactics. Measure effectiveness of communication activities and use feedback to improve future efforts.
* Develop internal and external communications materials for CEO and President, to include, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, video scripts, bylined articles, emails and blog posts, and speeches. Ensure appropriate distribution of communications materials on executives' behalf. Collaborate with communications colleagues to align messaging across audiences.
* Work in conjunction with Chief Communications Officer and other Enterprise Communications leadership to develop and execute a proactive external communications plan that amplifies GuideWell and Florida Blue's reputation as a mission-driven business and thought leader, to include identifying appropriate opportunities to reach external audiences and securing engagements. Manage schedule, preparation, materials development and logistics for speaking engagements and appearances.
* Assist in the development and distribution of general internal communications, including intranet content. Coordinate with and provide support to PR and social media function as necessary. Collaborate with Enterprise Communications colleagues on issues management and public relations efforts with high organizational/executive impact and as needed.
* Assist in the design of and manage production and logistics for employee events associated with internal communications plans and strategies, such as road shows, site visits, small group interactions, focus groups, catered gatherings, etc.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
* 5 or more years relevant communications experience
* Experience serving as a communications consultant to senior executives
* Experience developing and implementing multi-audience strategic communications plans and evaluating results
* Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills, attention to detail, and a sophisticated design sensibility
* Strong project management skills with the ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency; ability to manage to a project budget
* Well-read, intellectually curious and able to assimilate complex information quickly
* Master's degree
* Prior experience in managed care, health insurance or health care
* Experience with media and public relations
* Event planning/management experience