This position requires the candidate to leverage prior audit experience to gain an understanding of the risks inherent in the operational processes that support the company and its related subsidiaries. This role requires a self-motivated individual that will lead projects and interact with all levels of management to identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve internal controls and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have an interest in gaining a high level understanding of the health insurance industry and related activities that support the organizations mission to help people and communities achieve better health.
* Utilizes an understanding of the Company's business activities to execute audit procedures, performs detailed analyses, reaches sound conclusions and documents results for assigned financial, operational, forensic and compliance audit activities.
* Maintains relationships with audit customers at appropriate levels and promotes teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members.
* Assists in identifying risks, evaluating controls and preparing audit reports..
* Facilitates audits with regulatory agencies or other 3rd parties.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field
* 4+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education OR 2+ years of Big 4 experience (Deloitte, PwC, Ernst & Young or KPMG). From the 4 plus years or related work experience or equivalent combination at least one year of Audit experience is required.
* Ability to work towards the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation.
* Ability to draw sound conclusions from qualitative and quantitative data.
* Demonstrated knowledge and proper application of sampling techniques.
* Understanding of financial and operational processes and key controls to these processes.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
* Understanding of health insurance business and operational and financial processes and/or commensurate industry experience strongly preferred.
* Experience on SSAE18 type II engagements strongly preferred.
* Understanding of financial reporting processes and related technologies strongly preferred.