The Performance Improvement and Excellence position is responsible for the process improvements in any of the core operations and service processes across one or more lines of business and/or segments. This position will partner with operational process owners to establish strategic goals and process measures. This position will work directly with senior leaders to define linkages between strategic objectives and process improvements using both analytical tools and consulting techniques to help functional teams re-engineer new or existing operations to build and deploy strategy through tactical planning and execution. The position will influence change management and lead project management related to process improvement.
Program Portfolio Management
* Development and implementation of large scale business transformational programs. A program consists of multiple projects to improve key performance measures.
* Influence through others, deliver results, and earn trust quickly of the organization and stakeholders and someone that has a strong bias for action.
* Simultaneously lead multiple projects and initiatives that may have many internal and external dependencies, complex scope, higher levels of risk and involves cross-functional highly matrix areas.
* Provide hands on project management and coordinates multiple projects with other stakeholder project managers. Creates project plans, timelines, critical paths, and milestones.
* Advisor to executives and upper leadership on the continuous improvement strategy and transformation to tactically deploy.
* Applies Lean Six Sigma tools or other continuous improvement methodologies to complex business processes, and implements solutions which provide positive performance and financial impacts. Perform cost-benefit evaluation for all assigned projects to define potential financial, business, and industry impacts of initiatives.
Data Driven Analysis & Decision Making
* Create end-to-end process mapping and data collection plans to scope and identify opportunities that positively impact up-stream and down-stream partners.
* Strong qualitative and quantitative statistical ability to analyze data and interpret results to provide actionable business recommendations to management.
* Accountable for the financial management of assigned initiatives, including integration opportunities and cost reductions.
* Perform data manipulation and analysis (graphical and statistical) required supporting performance metric monitoring of controls and project outcomes.
Change Leadership &Relationship Management
* Champion of Continuous Improvement and change agent to promote best practices and implement solutions that can transform and empower businesses areas.
* External facing continuous improvement consultant. Consult with external leadership on member experience or affordability strategies.
* May lead, coach, and develop a small staff relative to implementation of changes.
* Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
* 3 or more years of experience in the health insurance industry or relevant business experience
* 6 or more years of experience leading continuous improvement initiatives and complex projects involving process reengineering, process improvement, or process optimization
* 2 or more years leadership experience within a functional area or project teams utilizing project management methodologies, approach, and tools
* Proven experience pulling & validating data and building complex data relationships across relational databases using written code
* Proven experience using algorithms and inferential statistics to identify root causes and drive to solutions
* Mastery of communicating highly complex information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
* Strong facilitation and presentment skills, confident communicator verbally and written with all levels of an organization and diverse audiences
* Proven change agent and strong negotiation skills applying change management methodologies, approach, and tools
* High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
* Highly collaborative with a demonstrated ability to build strong, credible relationships and teams within all levels in the organization
* Industrial Engineering or technical degree with emphasis on statistics
* Proven experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma transformation principles, approach, tools, and techniques
* Lean/Six Sigma certification Green Belt/Black Belt
* Project Management / Change Management experience (e.g. PMP, ProSci)
* Knowledge of Business Process Management
* Demonstrated ability to work with staff and management at all levels of the Company