The Senior IT Infrastructure Architect will specialize in one or more IT infrastructure-related functions including Network and/or Web. The Senior IT Infrastructure Architect serves the company as an advisor on best practices and is responsible for designing and effectively implementing strategies, architectures and solutions in alignment with CTO office guidelines. The Senior IT Infrastructure Architect develops actionable blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure information technology architecture is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business. The position facilitates design and implementation of flexible, scalable and cost effective solutions and provides technical guidance to less experienced Architects. The Senior IT Infrastructure Architect is assigned to projects/initiatives of large size, complexity and risk and is relied upon to consult, negotiate and build consensus with external vendors and internal partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable for adhering to corporate architecture standards, ensuring technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to corporate architecture strategy-setting.
- Leads governance processes of new technologies and solutions to ensure consistent technology life cycle management.
- Participates in formulating solution estimates and work planning including determining appropriate task sequencing and identification of technical skill sets required.
- Builds consensus around principles of infrastructure architecture and interprets and clarifies these principles.
- Serves as infrastructure architecture subject matter expert to business areas, project teams and vendors to apply and execute appropriate use of technology solutions and lead efforts to examine technology vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
- Maintains operational, architectural and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and architecture blue prints.
- Evaluates strengths and flaws in infrastructure architecture including performance, quality, availability, simplicity of design, security and total cost of ownership.
- Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with IT and business area partners and provides consultation to the BRM and business teams.
- Troubleshoots, recommends and executes action plans for issue resolution.
- Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
- Continually works to enhance breadth and depth of knowledge and experience. Benchmarks technology strategies and architectures. Monitors and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs. Prepares bench marking reports and presentations.
- Promotes implementation of new technology, solutions and methods to improve business processes, efficiency, effectiveness and value delivered to customers.
- Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced Architects.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships to review and evaluate designs and controls and influence changes in future product releases.
- 10+ years' experience in the implementation and maintenance of enterprise level telecommunication systems
- Cisco certification (CUCC, CCNA, CCNA Voice or CCNP)
- Expert level experience with Cisco Unified Communications/Voice - 8 Years
- Cisco CUCM platform maintenance and support - 5 Years
- Implementation and maintenance experiences with CISCO Session Border Controllers
- Implementation and maintenance experiences with LAN/WAN services including VoIP protocols (ie. H.323, SIP, UDP, RTP)
- Knowledge of Cisco UC, VoIP, SIP and TDM troubleshooting techniques, traffic engineering, and experience interpreting and taking action on alert management and performance management tools.
- ITIL v3 Foundation for ITI Service Management certification
- Cisco UCCE platform maintenance and support
- Cisco SME maintenance and support
- Enterprise level IVR system implementation and maintenance
- Expert level understanding of voice networking protocols
- Experience with VMware vCenter and ESXi Hypervisor