The Associate IT Manager is accountable for communicating, planning and providing leadership to their assigned team. Provides day-to-day tactical execution and operational implementation of plans as directed and overseen by IT senior leadership. Associate IT Managers provide direction to project and functional resources within and outside their reporting structure, gather, support and develop the resources needed to execute the plan, champion the tactical direction of work and remove barriers within their sphere of influence. The Associate IT Manager is accountable for performance management and salary administration for their team as well as assisting with career development planning, coaching, training and teambuilding.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides subject-matter-expertise and management of one to two technical disciplines, capabilities, services, technologies, domains or systems.
- Proactively identifies, implements and manages process improvements and agile solutions within functional area.
- Articulates goals and oversees achievement.
- Responsible for front-line management of a team.
- Responsible for direct oversight of staff, tactical execution and implementation of operational plans.
- Makes recommendations to senior leadership and provides input into executive summaries for senior leadership.
- Performs hands-on technical work as need arises.
- Participates in ad hoc workgroups supporting IT strategy.
- Influences, interacts and makes decisions impacting assigned work unit.
- Collaborates decisions with senior leadership.
- Ensures adherence to practices, procedures, precedents, policy and senior leadership direction.
- Tracks and ensures that expenses fall within budget.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 or more years of informal leadership experience in a Project Management or Senior-level position and strong, demonstrated leadership abilities or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Adept at communication, consensus building, presentation and facilitation
- Understanding of relevant business processes being supported
- Leadership skills demonstrated through project or technical leadership experience including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Should have good understanding of sales and enrollment process
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Have good knowledge of Hadoop technologies
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary