WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
The primary purpose of this position is to install new Biotage systems, train customers on safe and successful use, keep the installed base of products within the Mid-Atlantic region (primarily) running at peak performance and generally ensure customer success.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Take full ownership of work orders assigned – ensure maximum preparedness by reviewing problem description with customer and specialist as necessary, schedule appointment with customer, order parts, complete work order and manage the closure including communication with customer
- Perform preventative maintenance; trouble shoot, diagnose, repair and verify operational performance of Biotage instruments and related consumables.
- Conduct training on the safe and productive operation of the equipment and ensure customers have a base knowledge (operational) to ensure success.
- Capture, record and accurately report important information and data related to maintenance and repair activities (including the instrument specifics, customers and all other required information) in a timely manner via the Company’s service business information system. Effectively manage and maintain personal trunk-stock of Biotage service parts and equipment including keeping inventory physically well organized, precise record keeping and accurate reporting.
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image and opinion.
- Clear and effective communication with both internal and external customers.Promote Biotage and Biotage products. Utilize knowledge of products and customer needs to suggest potential solutions to customers and provide customer feedback to both sales and marketing groups.
- Refurbish instruments for both internal and external customers.
- Assist the Charlotte based Technical Support functions as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation in a straight-forward, logical manner
- Orientation to internal and external customer satisfaction
- High-level knowledge on applications and instrumentation
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong working knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to drive and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- The employee can endure the rigors and logistics of high frequency trips/ travel for business. Position requires travel up to 75% including overnight stays; potential for occasional international and/or weekend travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.