Fall, a season of transformations, may be the time to dare yourself to change, welcome new opportunities!
Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life, by Dr. Carole Kanchier, shows how to start the fall season with a positive mindset.
Questers with a positive mindset are open to experiencing new things in all areas of life. They believe we are continuously growing. They seek opportunities tor improve their personal and professional lives. Questers with a positive mindset tend to possess the following traits:
- Desire to seek new challenges to grow
- Open to criticism and negative feedback to grow
- View failure or setbacks as opportunities to lean
- Persevere to overcome setbacks
- Find inspiration in others accomplishments
Questers with a positive mindset have the ability to see opportunity in the face of hardships. They tend to reach higher levels of success than those with a fixed mindset, because they have the motivation to learn and put in the extra effort required to succeed.
Questers don't accept the idea that intelligence is a static. They believe that everyone has the ability to learn and develop high-level skills.
Take the Questers Quiz to determine whether you have a positive mindset and other Questers traits: www.questersdaretochange.com.
People with rigid mindset think our abilities are predetermined from birth. They believe their mental capacity is static and cannot be changed or expanded upon.
Characteristics of those with fixed mindset include:
- Inability to hear negative feedback or criticism
- Threatened by others' successes.
- Give up easily when things don't go as planned.
- Avoid challenges or tasks requiring extra effort
- Avoid failure to prove their intelligence
A rigid mindset holds people back from reaching their potential. They avoid experiences that will allow them to grow personally and professionally. The inability to accept failure will prevent them from pursuing information or tasks that don't come naturally.
There are times when we all find ourselves themselves trapped in a rigid mindset approach to life. However, it's important to understand that a static view of the world hinders us from achieving our endless potential. When we look at the world with an open mind, the universe is the limit for attaining desired goals!
- Believe in yourself. William James, the father of American psychology, said: “Your belief at the beginning of a doubtful undertaking is the one thing that ensures the successful outcome of your venture...” When you expect the best, you release a magnetic force in your mind, which by the law of attraction, tends to bring the best to you.
- Recognize you create your own thoughts and have power to change them. Think and talk about the kind work you want. Use positive statements about such things as enjoying your colleagues, having a supportive boss, and being in control.
- Concentrate on successes. Prepare a list of personality and work-related accomplishments, or create a collage using pictures that illustrate you succeeding in your ideal work setting. View this daily.
Review work accomplishments. Note the role belief and hard work played in achieving successes, and strategies used to accomplish results.
- Be genuine. Discard preconceived notions of what others think, and recreate the person you are, and want to be! Don’t compare yourself with others. Judge your job accomplishments against personal standards of self-improvements as well as company standards. Strive for excellence rather than perfection. Ask your supervisor for feedback and support.
- Break the worry habit. Empty your mind of worrisome thoughts about your job before sleeping to avoid retention of these thoughts in your subconscious. Picture the troublesome thoughts flowing out of your mind like water flowing from a basin.
- Forgive. Forgiveness is pardoning without harboring resentment. Release an old hurt about a colleague who started a malicious rumor about you. You don’t have to befriend the individual, but you must release negative emotions associated with that person. When you hold onto pain, you're allowing that person’s actions to continue to hurt you.
- Define a clear career goal, and expect success. Be motivated by desire and goal attainment. When you arise in the morning, review this goal. Take one forward action step. Reward yourself for attaining this.
- Fall clean work space. Remove clutter. Add a plant or flowers for beauty and energy boost.
Remember, fall is about new beginnings and cultivating optimism. Use this time to create and pursue the job and lifestyle you want!
Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life, offers inspiration, insight, and practical strategies to create your desired career and life. Find it in the links above.